Streamerp2p Windows7 problem fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Streamerp2p Windows7 problem fix.

Post by kaptainsteve on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Recording The Wave Out Mix in Vista

One of the ways I record Skype chats for podcast on XP is to set Skype to use my headset mic as the input and the PC's sound card for the output so that with Adobe Audition I can record my voice and the guest voices and separate channels. It makes it much easier for editing and cleaning up of the audio files.

Since moving one of my machines over to Vista I noticed I couldn't find a way of recording the output of the PC sound card. In XP I would enable recording of the Wave Out Mix sometimes called "Stereo Mix". This was also useful to record sounds for the machine when I am doing screen captures.

In Vista I could not find the option to turn on this Mix so I thought it may have been removed in the new Sound stack, but after some searching I found that it hadn't been removed just hidden.

To enable the Wave Out mix:
Go to the Sound item in control panel
click on the Recording tab
Right click on the background of the tab and select "Show Disabled Devices"
find the Wave Out mix item and right click on it and select Enable
It will now show up as a device channel in application like Cubase and Audition

So now you can capture audio from any program in Windows

http://iandixon.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!36983156CAA83EA9!1725.entry
kaptainsteve
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Windows Drivers

Post by kaptainsteve on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Missing DVD Rom Drive Fix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Windows 7
To resolve this problem on a computer that is running Windows 7, use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. For more information about how to open this troubleshooter in Windows 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter
Back to the top
Windows Vista
Click Start, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Back to the top
Windows XP
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.

Tons of Drivers
kaptainsteve
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top