Best Guitar for under $150 [Guitar, Rock 'n Roll]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Guitar for under $150 [Guitar, Rock 'n Roll]

Post by sWamp-Ass on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 am

Epiphone Les Paul Special I w/P90's.  It's less than $150 bux at Musician's Friend.
 When you buy look for a discount code  or just punch any made up or old code it and when it doesn't work, use the automatic chat and ask for a new code and you'll be given a 10% discount code.  Works every time.  You get the $139 guitar for $116.  Gotta love Musicians Friend!

Take out old bridge pickup and install a GFS or Gibson (Get used on Ebay for <$50.00).

Rewire it using this scematic;

It will play and sound as good if not better than anything out there.

sWamp-Ass wrote:Things have changed and the Epiphone's are very high quality guitars.  Almost all guitars today are made in Korea and China except for the really big money high end guitars.  If you can afford one of those then you probably wouldn't be reading this.  Don't worry.  Buy the Epiphone and you'll be amazed at the quality.

But, the bridge pickup's gotta go.  While it's good or passable, I say junk it.  We want a rock 'n roll machine here and although the Epiphone is a good product, I'll bet that they save their money or make some of their profit in the pickup department.  

Take out old bridge pickup and install a GFS or Gibson (Get used on Ebay for <$50.00).  How to do this is coming right up...

Finally, believe it or not, rewiring makes a WORLD of difference.  I wouldn't believe this myself except for the fact that I did it just to do it and was amazed at the difference in the sound quality.  It takes the articulation/clarity level to an amazing degree.  Why?  I don't know but it works!  Do it and you'll be amazed at what you will get for less than $150 and a little work.

Rewire it using this scematic;

Source Here.

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top