Dastardly Dick Blumenthal's Email

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dastardly Dick Blumenthal's Email

Post by EdgaraJones on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Dear XXXXX,

Every day, I have the privilege of going to work in the U.S. Senate - standing up, speaking out, and fighting for the people of Connecticut.

Though the times are unquestionably challenging and the issues we face are complex, I have applied my full energy and capacity to prove your trust in me is well placed. But I know that my voice is much more powerful when amplified by the voices of thousands of supporters standing with me.

In the wake of the horror of the December 14, 2012 massacre of 20 beautiful children and 6 dedicated educators in Newtown, Connecticut, I have focused on serving as a leader in the national effort for meaningful and reasonable steps against gun violence.

And this week is a test of our strength.

Despite widespread national support for change, opponents of reason -- spearheaded by the NRA -- have said they will do everything they can to try to stop us. They are using the power of their money and lobbying to try to stop open discussion and debate from occurring.

The American people know it's time to take action to reduce gun violence across our country. Poll after poll proves it. And I'm grateful that, already, tens of thousands of supporters have signed petitions supporting gun reform legislation and holding the NRA accountable for their callous statements about waiting for the so-called "Connecticut effect" to dissipate.

As your Senator, I will continue fighting for the rights of all the people, not the special interests. But I need your help.

Please contribute $5 now as the Senate debate continues on commonsense gun reform legislation this week.

I am proud to stand up for people, and I am honored to be the Senator who personally offers a measure to limit high-capacity magazines. But this is a fight that will last much longer and require resilience, resolution, and people power to win.

I will not give up.

I hope you won't either.

Please contribute $5 now.

Thanks so much for standing with me.

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
U.S. Senator

Edgara Jones

2b7777fcf7909382dd2e99c1cda15019
EdgaraJones
Admin
Admin