The Second Amendment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Second Amendment

Post by sWamp-Ass on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

There is a HUGE misunderstanding in the purpose of the 2nd amendment and it is amazingly obvious in comments made in this video and other media outlets. Folks, the 2nd amendment is NOT about hunting, it is NOT about sport shooting. It is solely about guaranteeing an Amercian, law-abiding citizen the God given right to self defense through the ownership of firearms for the purposes of securing their home, property, and country. Period. And that firearm should match the firepower of those that may be used against them, either by other citizens, or a government that turns on its own people and tries to deprive them of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These rights are enshrined in our Declaration of Indepence and guaranteed in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution. Period.

In An Open Letter To Diane Feinstein;

"I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one."

US Marine Corporal Joshua Boston appeared on CNN today.

Source/More Here

Last edited by sWamp-ass on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Amendment

Post by sWamp-Ass on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)