Will The Real Paul Ryan Please Stand Up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will The Real Paul Ryan Please Stand Up?

Post by sWamp-Ass on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:02 pm

ryanrand
picture hosting

Paul Ryan in 2005 said "I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are. It's inspired me so much that it's required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. But the reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand. And the fight we are in here, make no mistake about it, is a fight of individualism versus collectivism."*

That quote alone, right there, is enough to make me support him. If you've ever read (I said READ) Ayn Rand, especially Atlas Shrugged or The Virtue Of Selfishness, then you know what I mean.

Basically, Ayn Rand is a 100% free market advocate who doesn't believe in the initiation of the use of force by anyone whether they be citizen or government. This is my political philosophy in a nutshell. This is really all I need to know about any candidate. It this is in their heart, then they can be trusted. This is the measuring stick I use when sizing up a candidate. Few pass the test. It's a rough standard to meet.

But Paul Ryan is not just another candidate. He is and 100% consummate politician. In other words, he'll say anything to get elected.

Need proof? Well, here it is. In an April interview with Reason Magazine Paul Ryan said "I reject her [Ayn Rand's] philosophy. It's an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my world view. If somebody is going to try to paste a person's view on epistemology to me, then give me Thomas Aquinas. Don't give me Ayn Rand."

Wow, didn't he jump over to the other side of the fence?!

How can he say that Ayn Rand's philosophy is "the reason he got into public service" and then turn around and say "I counter her philosophy?" What polar opposites! Which is true? What does this switcheroo say about Paul Ryan?

Which Paul Ryan are we to believe? Well, the answer is neither. You see, Paul Ryan speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Paul Ryan was NEVER a real believer in free market capitalism or voluntarism before and he isn't now. He'll just say anything that is convenient or expedient to his goal at the time. And that goal is always convincing voters to vote for him.

You see, all Paul Ryan really is is a politician. And, now that he's teamed with Mitt Romney, another consummate flip-flopper, he has to refine his act a bit and tone down that Ayn Rand stuff a notch or two. The Ayn Rand stuff doesn't go over well with many of the main stream Republicans (really RINOs or Republicans In Name Only) who want their wars and entitlements almost as much as the Democrats do.

Paul Ryan is the perfect veep for Romney, the man who invented ObamaCare before he hated it. Paul Ryan, the man who voted for tarp before he hated it, is on any side of the issue whenever you need it, just like Mitt.

Boy, these two can't be trusted as far as you can throw them.

Source/More Here.

Source/More Here.

Judge Nap On Paul Ryan Here!

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top