You Didn't Build That! (or Obama, the Collectivist personified)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Didn't Build That! (or Obama, the Collectivist personified)

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Obama - "You Didn't Build That."
Posted on July 19, 2012 at 8:06 am by Swamp-Ass

“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that — somebody else made that happen.” (full quote at end of post).

This is what the President of the United States said just last week in Roanoke, Va.

This sounds like something the President of Venezuela, Cuba or the old U.S.S.R. might say, but no, it was our president who so proudly and boldly proclaimed this.

I'm glad he said it. Why? Because, it makes his intentions unmistakable and as he so often puts it "perfectly clear." It's clearly articulated in his recent statement that the president does not believe in individualism. This is because Obama is a collectivist and he worships at the alter of BIG government.

A collectivist is someone who believes in groups or collectives and not individuals. Collectivists believe that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, you know, that stuff we are taught in grammer school. Remember, there is no "I" in TEAM?

Obama's statement makes it clear that he believes that the individual is always subservient to the greater needs of the greater collective and you may feel this way too. Many people do, it's pretty popular in this day and age. It was also pretty popular with slave masters in the antebellum South. This was how slavery is rationalized. The rights of the individual are secondary to the greater good, or the collective, in this case the white south. In this way of thinking, individual rights are turned into a minority (the smallest minority is the individual by definition), subject to the whims and rule of the majority, always and by definition. It's simply another way of defining slavery, but in this case the slave master is the state.

You see, collectivism views individuals as chattel. Individuals serve the greater need of the state and when this view is systemized, there is no stopping it. Ask yourself, where does this all end? If my rights are secondary to collective, do I really have any rights at all?

We are finding out the answer to this question and it is unfolding all around us. Things like the Patriot Act being used to listen to our calls, The TSA in our pants, the NSA spying on us, the drones, the assassinations of USSA citizens overseas, the ever ballooning debt on our unborn children and debasing of our currency and the never ending overseas wars are living proof of this answer. We now exist with permission and to serve the state.

Obama's statement doesn't surprise those who've read the novel by Ayn Rand called "Atlas Shrugged." Compare the script in Rand's novel written over 50 years ago to what Obama said just the other day and see if you can find any real difference?

I'll be you can't.

In "Atlas Shrugged" the passage went like this;

“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”
“Who?”
“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”
She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”
- Atlas Shrugged, P1C9

Obama said;

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own**. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

Not much difference is there?

Dr. Zachary Smith

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!
Obama's "You didn't earn that" speech right out of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged!"

“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”
“Who?”
“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”
She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”
- Atlas Shrugged, P1C9

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://swamp-ass.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Girl, You Didn't Do That!

Post by sWamp-Ass on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: You Didn't Build That! (or Obama, the Collectivist personified)

Post by sWamp-Ass on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 pm

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Back to top Go down

Post by sWamp-Ass on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:08 pm

refresh

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top