Power Makes You Stoopid!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Power Makes You Stoopid!

Post by sWamp-Ass on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 am

They had subjects write detailed accounts of times when they had had or had lacked power. They then had them answer a series of factual questions and rate how confident they were about their answers. They found that the people who had been primed to think of themselves as more powerful had more confidence in their answers than the rest—and yet their answers were actually less accurate. Yes, “confidence in one’s answers was inversely correlated with accuracy.”

“power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.” The more you becomes powerful you value others’ ideas less and incompetent. Eventually, your ego will overtake the fear of everything and you turn yourself to a dictator. Then, You stop taking advise, ideas or consultations from the people around you. There is where a single story only signals until the doomsday comes, like the one we observed in Libya’s Gaddafi and others.

So, stupidity comes from closing the door of opportunity on two way communications. I talk you listen. I am the master and you should listen to my words and gospel. That is what it is.

Source/More Here.

sWamp-Ass
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)
VIP(VeryImportantPoster)

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top