Romney On ObamaCare; Why Didn't The President Ask Me? I Would Have Warned Him!

Go down

Romney On ObamaCare; Why Didn't The President Ask Me? I Would Have Warned Him!

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:45 am

“Let me tell you this, if and when I have the occasion to debate President Obama, I’m gonna ask him this question: ‘Mr. President, why didn’t you call me and ask how it (MassCare) worked?’”

THE UNMITIGATED ARROGANCE OF Mitt Romney admitting the failure of RomneyCare.Source/More Here.

(Ballot Box) — Speaking before a crowd of conservative activists in New Hampshire Friday, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney again faced questions about the healthcare plan he championed as Bay State governor.

Romney called the Massachusetts law “an experiment,” admitting that “some parts didn’t work,” but he didn’t directly answer a question on whether or not he regretted signing it into law.

“I went to work to try to solve a problem,” Romney said of the Massachusetts law, which has drawn comparisons to the law championed by President Obama. “It may not be perfect — by the way, it is not perfect — some parts of that experiment worked, some parts didn’t, some things I’d change.”

Some conservative critics have dubbed the law “RomneyCare,” noting its inclusion of a mandate requiring people to purchase health insurance. Romney, meanwhile, blasted the federal healthcare law as “unconstitutional,” warning, “it will bankrupt us.”

“You will note that [Obama] and the Democrats constantly want to give me credit for their plan,” Romney said, alluding to recent comments from Obama and national Democrats likening the two plans. “You know there’s a method to their madness. But let me tell you this, if and when I have the occasion to debate President Obama, I’m gonna ask him this question: ‘Mr. President, why didn’t you call me and ask how it worked?’”

— Speaking before a crowd of conservative activists in New Hampshire Friday, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney again faced questions about the healthcare plan he championed as Bay State governor. Romney called the Massachusetts law “an experiment,” admitting that “some parts didn’t work,” but he didn’t directly answer a question on whether or not he regretted signing it into law. “I went to work to try to solve a problem,” Romney said of the Massachusetts law, which has drawn comparisons to the law championed by President Obama. “It may not be perfect — by the way, it is not perfect — some parts of that experiment worked, some parts didn’t, some things I’d change.” Some conservative critics have dubbed the law “RomneyCare,” noting its inclusion of a mandate requiring people to purchase health insurance. Romney, meanwhile, blasted the federal healthcare law as “unconstitutional,” warning, “it will bankrupt us.” “You will note that [Obama] and the Democrats constantly want to give me credit for their plan,” Romney said, alluding to recent comments from Obama and national Democrats likening the two plans. “You know there’s a method to their madness. But let me tell you this, if and when I have the occasion to debate President Obama, I’m gonna ask him this question: ‘Mr. President, why didn’t you call me and ask how it worked?’”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1474
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://swamp-ass.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down